With over 70 years of combined experience, we have the knowledge and proven background to assess one’s insurance requirements and recommend the best options at competitive premiums.

Insurance Coverages Defined

Homeowners Insurance – a package policy combining real and personal property coverage with personal liability coverage. Coverage applicable to the dwelling, appurtenant structures, unscheduled personal property and additional living expense are typical. Includes mobile homes at a fixed location.

Condos – homeowners insurance sold to condominium owners occupying a unit. Includes coverage for permanently installed fixtures, personal belongings and liability coverage.

Renters Insurance – homeowners insurance sold to renters of homes, apartments or condos. Includes coverage for personal belongings and liability coverage.

Automobile Liability Insurance – coverage for bodily injury and property damage incurred through ownership or operation of a vehicle.

Auto Physical Damage – motor vehicle insurance coverage (including collision, vandalism, fire and theft) that insures against material damage to the insured’s vehicle. Commercial is defined as all motor vehicle policies that include vehicles that are used in connection with business, commercial establishments, activity, employment, or activities carried on for gain or profit.

Umbrella and Excess Umbrella (Personal) – non-business liability protection for individuals above a specific amount set forth in a basic policy issued by the primary insurer; or a self-insurer for losses over a stated amount; or an insured or self-insurer for known or unknown gaps in basic coverages or self-insured retentions.

Liability Insurance – Insurance that pays and renders service on behalf of an insured for loss arising out of his responsibility, due to negligence, to others imposed by law or assumed by contract.

Valuable Articles – coverage for property with antique or collector’s value including, but not limited to, jewelry, fine arts, rare collections, furs, silverware, musical instrument and the like. This line is usually limited on the homeowner’s policy. By purchasing coverage for this on a schedule or “rider,” you can obtain broader coverage and in most cases, without a deductible.

Watercraft – covers damage to pleasure boats, motors, trailers, boating equipment and personal watercraft as well as bodily injury and property damage liability to others.

Flood/Excess Flood – coverage protecting the insured against loss or damage to real or personal property from flood. Excess flood provides coverage when higher limits from what can be purchased from FEMA are required.

Wind – provides coverage for damage sustained from windstorms and hurricanes. The deductible is usually expressed as a percentage of the dwelling limit.

Business Owners Policy – business insurance typically for property, liability and business interruption coverage.